Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sailing



When I got some requests to make Father's Day Cards, I thought of this Stampin Up stamp right away.  It is great for many different occasions, and I love it for Father's Day, because it reminds me of my husband.  He's not really a "car guy" or a "tool guy", but he likes to go out in his boat.  When we were first married, we lived on a beautiful lake in New Hampshire and we owned a good sized sailboat for a few years.  We have many fond memories of sailing on Spofford Lake. 
I use Smooch spritz to give the card base a speckled background, and stamped the boat a second time on white paper and paper pieced the sails.  I love the map background paper, it gives the card a nautical feel.  It's simple, but I love it.
Skipping Stones Designs is having this color challenge,  SSD #30, and I am entering this card.  I don't own any Skipping Stone stamps, and I would sure love to win some.

  I am also entering it in these challenges-  Simon Says Stamp and Show "One for the Boys",  and My Mojo Monthly "Man Up" over at La-De-Dah,
and the Moxie Fab World "Spatter Technique".

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Definitely a perfect Father's Day card! The Smooch spritz background works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous for a Father's Day card, Barb!! The mapping background are perfect for this image! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...gorgeous card Barb...like the map as the back ground a very effective touch...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card....the background makes your image POP!!

    Thanks BUNCHES for playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great image and evokes lovely memories and a holiday mood! The background is really great too. A wonderful male creation...thanks so much for sharing with My Mojo Monthly and Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones!

    ReplyDelete