Thursday, June 7, 2012

Collage Card

I combined a couple of techniques that I had been playing with, stamp collage and watercolor ATC's, to make a card that incorporates both for the Embellish Magazine Collage Color Trend Challenge.  Here is their inspiration photo.

I made a mini watercolor using blues and yellows, and drew flowers on it.  When those were dry, I cut out each individual flower.  I made another background with the inspiration colors, and added the flowers on top of the watercolor paper.  The sentiment is from Unity Stamps Kit of the Month.

On the card base I stamped  some script, music and butterflies, using distress inks, and then spritzed with Radiant Rain to give it a metalic shimmer.
Here's a close up of the watercolor, used my Twinking H2O's for that.
This was fun, I will definitely make more of these!
Thanks for stopping by.



17 comments:

  1. I _really_ like your watercolour panel! Absolutely gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, here I am, didn't miss this one.
    I like the technique and will try it with the Doodly birds.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to add the twinkling H20's to my list! Fab effect Barb and lovely card too. Hugs from your ATC swap pal X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome possum! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty card! Love those watercolor flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background colours look Amazing, Barb!! A bright and cheery card. It's Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is nice. love the stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so eyecatching! I love your collage-y design, and your distress ink background is very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Love the watercolor panel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Barb, me again. I wanted to comment on the comment you made on my blog about my Golden, Sammy. They never show their age, do they? I also have an 11 year old, Molly. When I tell people she's 11, they respond with, "11 months?" Goldens are puppies for life. You gotta love them! Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope to see you next week at FWF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning colors and technique, this card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautifully done, Barb! Love the contrast of colors--simply striking!

    ReplyDelete