Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Camping Tag

I made this tag for Tag Tuesday, last week, where the inspiration was "Camping" and thought I would share it with you here.  It's interesting how paticipating in an art project can evoke so many memories-

 
Making this tag brought back lots of happy memories.  I camped frequently in my "younger years" with my friends, and my husband, and later with my son, too.  The summer of 1971, after I graduated from college, I went on a cross country camping trip with 3 friends for 6 weeks.  We started in Connecticut and toured the US in a big loop, and had a fantastic time.  These girls reminded me of my friends, although you would have to replace those skirts with blue jeans, and those hairdos with long, straight, waist length hair!  Every night we put up a little orange pup tent that took just a few minutes to set up and take down.  We had many fun experiences, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to travel like this back then, and again later with my husband and son.  You sure won't see me camping now!  I like my hotels and all the luxuries that go with them.
 
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the other great tags over at Tag Tuesday.  This week's challenge is "Green".

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barb,
    Love this tag. When I was growing up my family almost always went camping on the weekends. I have so many great memories!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went camping most weekends when our girls were small. They swam, learned to fish, and generally learned to enjoy nature. What fond memories your tag brought back to me!!!

    After many years of hotels and all their amenities, I finally talked DH into camping again. We have a 5th Wheel on a lot in an RB resort on Shuswap lake and spend half our summers up there. We plan on all summer when we finally retire.

    Great tag!

    ReplyDelete