Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love Birds

Crazy4Challenges-C4C123



This stamp set comes from Unity Stamp Company, and has two little birds facing each other on a background of newsprint.  That type of background seems like a popular trend this year, it has popped up in lots of stamp designs by several different companies.  After painting the birds with my Twinkling H2O watercolors,  I tried mounting them directly on the doily, but that seemed a little too plain.   I went through my stash of stamps and found a Hero Arts Stamp frame that was the perfect size for the bird's oval.  I stamped the frame on pink cardstock, then layered the birds over it.  The seam binding ribbon and sentiment at the bottom finished it off.  I used this sketch challenge, from Crazy4Challenges-C4C123,  for inspiration.   I've been doing more sketch challenges since I began my blog, and I am starting to enjoy them.  It is a different way of designing than I am used to doing, as I typically start with a stamped image, choose coordinating paper, and then create a layout.

Since it has patterened paper on the background, I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Patterned Paper Challenge that I saw over at Lily Pad Cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. A really gorgeous card, I just love the stamp and fab colours, Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing with us at C4C.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Barb! Cute birds and I love the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun to have the birds ontop of that DP. Thanks for playing with the C4C Challenges!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...love how you coordinated the patterned paper with the adorable birds and doily! Thanks for joining the challenge at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete