Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Books

Two Tag Tuesday


I have a few tags to share with you today, so this post is a little longer that usual.  This week I am playing along with Tag Tuesday, and the theme is "Books"  As a teacher, and avid reader, this is a subject that is close to my heart.  I spent many happy hours reading as a child, and remember walking the half a mile or so up to the town library by myself to check out books when I was about 8 years old. 


The first tag has a school photo of my Dad on it.  He looks like he is about 10 or 11 years old, and is holding a book.  As soon as I saw the week's theme, I knew I wanted to use this photo.  I stamped the tag with a clock stamp, and sprayed a little Smooch Spritz on in with the same tones as the ink.  I found an older Stamping Up sentiment stamp that has many words that I associate with books and reading, and I stamped that above the photo.  I knew I wanted the word "read" on it somewhere, but I couldn't find my alphabet stamps, so I stamped "dream" again from the sentiment stamp and cut it apart.  I like the way it looks, I feel like it fits because it is printed with the same font as on the big stamp.

The second tag includes my photo of a statue of a fairy reading.  I found her at the butterfly conservatory last weekend, and loved the way the two butterfies were resting on her.  Their bright colors really pop against the muted colors around them.   I imagined that she was engrossed in her book and enjoying the solitude of reading quietly in the garden, so I used part of two different stamps to write "Treasure Solitude". 

Check out all the other great tags at Tag Tuesday!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barb,

    Great tags! I have a wonderful photo of my mom reading in bed when she was young. If you want to see the photo go to my blog post dated December 31, 2011.

    Have a great evening and rest of the week!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Barb, those tags are stunning, they are both really beautiful! Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I left you a blog award on my blog! Please come see!

    ReplyDelete