Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pink Poppies

I love poppies,  so when I saw the Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World,  I knew which stamp I wanted to use.   I had gotten this La Blanche stamp several years ago because I loved the intricate engraved look of the flowers.  I love pink poppies, and when I first planted my garden years ago, I planted what I thought were a soft pink poppy (according to the plant tag).  Imagine my suprise when they bloomed an electric orange!  I am still ripping those things out!  My friend takes them, because she loves the color, and they do look striking by her house, they are just not the plants for me.  I do have some pink ones, and the tissue paper like petals are just lovely.  Here are some photos from my garden-

I love the light blue iris behind the poppies.

This is the Tuesday Trigger Photo: A Plate of Pretty Poppies.  And now you know why I made mine pink instead of orange.
This is also going in the Hello Card category over at the Moxie Fab World, and CAS-ual Friday: Text Me., and My Mojo Monthly: Your Style.
Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice card and gorgeous garden blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful page Barb.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Barb! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and lovely, Barb! GREAT take on the TT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb, thanks for visiting over at my blog and to answer youe question about the graphics, I get the majority of mine from vintage magazines I collect. If you visit antique stores you can usually get great deals on only women's magazines from the 40s-60s, usually about five bucks a pop or so,and then I photograph the photos and edit them for my blog. its a bit of work but its lots of fun and its my hobby. I actually did a blog post all about how to do this, here is the link:

    http://armchairhousewife.blogspot.ca/2011/11/hello-ladies-one-of-my-favourite-things.html

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only is that a scrumptiously gorgeous card, I love your pretty garden photos! I used to like the orange poppies when we lived in Phoenix (I'd scatter them in my gravel "lawn", but the desert is all shades of beige, so the hot orange pop was needed.

    I also LOVE, love, love (!!!) your stamping and am still trying to figure out how you did it. I've been scrapping about 15 years, card making for 8 or so, but I'm fairly new to stamping. I could never figure out what to do with the stamps I'd bought until I got some Copics for coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful flowers both crafty and real! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your flowers - they look wonderful - such a lovely colour and a great source of inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing with My Mojo Monthly! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh! Look at all those pretty poppies! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Barb! Thanks also for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete