Sunday, August 19, 2012

For the Love of Books



The start of school is just around the corner, and so I made this card with a lovely vintage image I found at the Graphics Fairy quite a while ago.  In the past I've used it for Mother's Day cards, and thought it would be perfect for this challenge over at the Shabby Tea Room.  "For the Love of Books"requires the colors cream, pink,aqua and newprint. 

Being a former Kindergarten teacher and an avid reader all my life, this is a subject close to my heart.  This card has lots of layers and is not my usual style, but I love the way it came out.  I spritzed the book page with some Smooch Spritz spray in pink, and had the perfect shade of lace and ribbon.  The sketch from Retro Sketches #25  is the design I used.


I am also linking this to CAS-study,  where I was inspired by Andrea Ewen's flowers, lace and layers on this card she made and posted here.


Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave a comment if you have time.  I would love to know what you think of this style card.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Barb...I love the lace, the flowers and that heartfelt photo...it reminds me of a teacher and student...how fitting for you! You've done a fabulous job with the Shabby Tea Room challenge...your card is an absolute delight! Thanks for making such a wonderful CASE, we're so glad that you joined us for our celebration at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and romantically photographed. It's a delightful posting Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh what a lovely CASE! Perfectly vintage! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what an absolutely beautiful card. I just love the lace and the photo is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely job CASE'ing Andrea, you hit her style on the nail while adding your personal touch :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a touching image and lovely card :) Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete