Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just A Note

CSC78
C4C124



I am finally getting around to trying some of the new stamps I received from Unity this month.   I have many stamps with bird images on them, but of course could not pass up another one that had such a beautiful bird cage on it.  I painted the little birds using my Stampin' Up Blender Pens.  They are really great because they give a more subtle color than using a marker directly on the image. I picked up a little color off of the underside of a stamp pad lid  with the blender pen, and applied it to the stamped image, and went over it a little more in the areas that I wanted a deeper color.   Really easy, no watercolors involved, so the paper does not warp at all.  Once I'm done with 1 color, I just brush the pen across a piece of scrap paper and it cleans off and is ready for a new color.

I'm entering this in several challenges-

Crazy 4 Challenges  CSC124 where the requirement is to use Stripes and Polka Dots
Case Study CSC78, where there is an inspiration photo
Lily Pad Patterned Paper Challenge

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I like the randon looking music background. It is very whimsical!
    That birdcage and the birds themselves are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that image and the soft colouring :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive bit of colouring there, Barb. You've got a wonderfully subtle blend from dark to light. Very pretty image, too.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Glad you like my fnished butterflies project. I am only just getting going with my machine and still feel a complete beginner, but you should see some of the stuff the experts produce! With the detail blade you can cut less than a millimetre... And one of our forum members cuts metalic vinyl that's only microns thick - so accurately that she cuts through the vinyl but not through the backing paper! I've still got a lot to learn. The Cricut is OK for basic stuff - it's how I started - but the Black Cat Cougar is in a different league entirely. Hope you keep an eye on my blog, and hopefully you'll see me making some progress! I'm still getting to grips with Inkscape, too - awesome (free!) drawing software, that is!!

    Have a great week,
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, I just love the bird cage stamp and fab colouring, Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image and card! So glad you shared it with us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete